True Line Models up-date

Our range of 4mm scale wagon bodies and kits
tony brenchley

Re: True Line Models up-date

Post by tony brenchley »

The latest version is dated 2016 and this is what I sent to Mike Williams. Yes there are at least 2 of them!

Tony B
Mike 1

Post by Mike 1 »

tony brenchley wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:18 am
Yes there are at least 2 of them!

Tony B
Which is why I don't use my surname on here. And I can't aspire to the superb research and publishing done by my better known namesake. As my Mum used to say "We are very common"!

Mike
theparley

Post by theparley »

I understand from Tony Brenchley that it in possible that the Drummond Open and Cattle Van will be available at the Glasgow Show, but I will communicate separately with Tony to confirm and indeed update my requirements for the former.

It does appear that due to lack of interest from members that the D46 kit will not be making a re-appearance. For me, that is a big disappointment. I originally bought nine and would happily buy the same again. it is small consolation (but nonetheless welcome) that the RY Pickering wagon will be re-issued later.

However, returning to the D46 issue, I can see four possibilities.

1) I have a reasonable stock of the Oxford Rail 4-plank Jubilee wagon, many/some of which were earmarked for a change of livery. However they could be converted into D46s. One hurdle to overcome would be the internal and external ironwork. Loading with coal would solve the latter but does anyone have a ready solution for the former ?
2) Convert my remaining D22s. However, that is a route I would prefer to avoid, as it would leave me short of that type. A hard choice.
3) Purchase any unused or unwanted D46s from members. Any takers ?
4) Ask members if there is any other way of getting some D46s

Douglas T.
jasp

Post by jasp »

Douglas
We are hoping to have some supplies fo SECC but this uncertain. If not available then, we will have them for Perth, hopefully also the RYP for Perth.
Re D46, as far as I am aware, there is no reason why another batch could not be produced, unless the pattern requires a lot of refurbishment. Your wish for 9 would be a reasonable incentive to progress this. No doubt, Tony will see this posting and we may discuss thereafter - the Treasurer has given the go-ahead for further batches of whatever wagons are considered suitable. (see below)
Other wagons would be considered, subject to availability of suitable patterns. I understand that Mike Williams will be unable to make any more patterns due to other commitments.
If any member is considering producing a pattern, please get in touch with Tony Brenchley and/or Ross Burns, so that the desirability, possible appeal and potential market an be discussed - preferably BEFORE producing the pattern, to avoid unnecessary work and disappointment.
So, Members, come on, think about what you would like to be produced and consider producing a suitable pattern - it is not difficult, just like scratch building in styrene. I am sure some guidelines can be produced.
Jim P
Chairman
theparley

Post by theparley »

Jim,
Thank you for your welcome words. Thank you also for not drawing attention to the two unforced errors in my text.
Douglas T.
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Douglas
I would echo Jim Pairman's comments and suggest that the D46 wagon would probably be the next to qualify for a rerun. We will discuss and agree a forward program at the CRA AGM in March.
Tony B
jasp

Post by jasp »

Re new wagon masters.
In the past, builders of masters received 3 body castings as a “thank you” for their efforts.
The Association will continue this practice.
Thank you to Jim Mac for reminding us about this.
Can I please emphasise that proposals for wagon prototypes should be discussed with Tony Brenchley, the CRA Chairman and/or Ross Burns, prior to spending time on something which might prove unsuitable.
Jim P
jim mac

Post by jim mac »

One wagon which might have an appeal as a future TML offering is the wooden "coal cart" or tender, which was attached to many 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 Pugs and is available as CRA drawing 051.
Engine Tender.jpg
Engine Tender.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
jim mac
Orbiston

Post by Orbiston »

I suggested this last year. As I said then Hornby must have produced these in their thousands. Rather than produce models of obscure prototypes why doesn't the Association sponsor AIDS to modelling such as authentic lining.
MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Here's a shot of the trial casting of the pre-Drummond 8-ton open wagon, which is now in production at CMA Moldform, along with the re-run of the Diagram 10 cattle wagon parts.
DSC_0758.JPG
DSC_0758.JPG (60.94 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
It's the longer version, (drawing in the wagon book p.142) which wasn't the type that had the option of added sheep rails. I didn't do the short version, because it looked pretty much identical to the later Diagram 24.

Best

Mike
RossB

Post by RossB »

Another excellent looking model Mike. I'm sure they will sell well at exhibitions.

Ross
MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Here's the Pickering trader's wagon moulding
DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0760.JPG (56.36 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
Best

Mike