Introducing True Line Models

Our range of 4mm scale wagon bodies and kits
tony brenchley

Introducing True Line Models

Post by tony brenchley » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 pm

True Line Models is the new brand name for our range of 4mm scale wagon bodies and kits now under the CRA banner. The Association will develop and market the range building on the earlier initiative by Mike Williams and myself. Bodies and kits will be on sale from our exhibition stand in addition to mail order

The range is being developed to include resin wagon bodies with suitable white metal castings and other components. To meet the varying requirements of different standards and gauges modellers will have the option to provide their own model running gear in the form of w-irons, bearings, wheels and couplings.

The first two kits will be a new batch of the RY Pickering Private Traders 10 ton mineral wagon and a new CR cattle wagon. We hope to have a small supply of the cattle wagon parts at Model Rail, Glasgow and both wagons should be available in quantity at the AGM.

We would welcome suggestions for future wagons to include in the range. Some examples of suitable candidates will be on show at the Association stand at Model Rail. The development team would particularly like to hear from anyone who is willing to produce patterns for future wagons.

The cattle wagon is a standard Caledonian Railway vehicle to diagram 10. Over 900 wagons of this type were built in the period 1883 to 1920. Full details, drawings and photographs can be found in Mike William’s ‘Caledonian Wagons’. I will put a note on the Forum with details of the RYP wagon.

The model cattle wagon body is made in 5 parts to provide the open slatted sides characteristic of these vehicles. Two sides, two ends and a floor incorporating the headstocks and solebars are assembled to make up a fully-detailed body to which must be added a plain Plastikard roof. The RYP wagon is a one-piece moulding incorporating the sides, ends, headstocks and solebars. Mike Williams has provided notes on the components required to finish the wagons and these will be published separately on the CRA Forum.

Special Price for CRA members for both wagon bodies by post including confirmed (signed for) delivery:

Orders up to 4 wagons £8 each

Orders over 4 wagons £6.50 each

For orders over 10 units please contact me for a price.

Prices for full kits (excluding model running gear, wheels, paint and transfers) will be confirmed shortly.

Cheques should be made out to the ‘Caledonian Railway Association’ and sent to me at:

3 Spinney Road, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0PW (Tel 01603 464070).

I am hoping to have sufficient wagon castings of both types to despatch orders in late March or early April. If you would prefer to wait for the full version of the kits with castings I will publish further information on the Forum as this develops.

I have added below photographs of the RYP and CR cattle wagon body patterns and a view of the resin castings for the cattle wagon parts.

Tony Brenchley
W&C Patternforum.jpg
W&C Patternforum.jpg (211.83 KiB) Viewed 11030 times
Cattle wagon body forum.jpg
Cattle wagon body forum.jpg (145.89 KiB) Viewed 11030 times
Cattle wagon resin parts 2 forum.jpg
Cattle wagon resin parts 2 forum.jpg (238.47 KiB) Viewed 11030 times

John Duffy

Re: Introducing True Line Models

Post by John Duffy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 am

Perfect timing Tony as material was being collected for a scratch building project. Correspondence will be with you shortly.

John

jasp

Post by jasp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 am

Tony

I am in the process of making masters for:
6 wheel C&O Road van
4 wheel C&O Road Van
Dummy van
Diagram 29 Fish and Fowl
Hope to have prototypes for AGM

Jim P

MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 am

Also on the stand will be completed models of a Diagram 59 16-ton mineral, a Diagram 55 fish truck, a Diagram 74 empty cask wagon and a Diagram 24 open goods - the latter could also be used for sheep traffic with side rails and non-slip battens on the floor. If there is sufficient demand I could produce all these as patterns. And i haven't forgotten about the loco coal wagon - the suspension just needs more development.

Best

Mike

Dave Lochrie

Post by Dave Lochrie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:34 am

That is somewhat overwhelming Mike and Jim, it's only recently that I've been able to settle down with The Wagon Book to plan future construction.
I am no longer sure my eyesight is adequate for the production of masters in 4mm, but I am grateful to those who can, and will try to buy at least one of everything that falls in my pre WW1 modelling period.

Dave L