CR Mineral Wagons

Details and announcements about our expanding range of specially designed and produced kits of resin wagons, transfers and etched parts
tony brenchley

CR Mineral Wagons

Post by tony brenchley »

I am very pleased to announce our latest TLM kits for 2 8-ton mineral wagons to diagrams 22 and 46.

Mike Williams made the patterns for these and the photos below show sample mouldings. These include end door loops and side door hinges so there is no additional work required on the body other than adding the brake lever pivot. Full prototype information, drawings and photos are included in Mike's 'Caledonian Wagons' book
Diagram 22 body Forum.jpg
Diagram 22 body Forum.jpg (125.58 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Diagram 46 bod Forum.jpg
Diagram 46 bod Forum.jpg (181.24 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
As before I will be offering sets of white metal castings with etched brass brake levers to complete.

For 'OO' gauge these include:
Buffers (for the diagram 46 wagon)
Axleguards incorporating springs and axleboxes
Single Brake shoe
Coupling hooks

For P4 as above other than:
Combined axlebox and spring castings will be provided instead of the axleguards. You will need to source your own etched w-irons.

I don't have final prices yet but I don't expect these to be significantly different to our previous projects. For this reason I am asking for provisional orders at this time which can be confirmed with payment when I have the bodies and the bill that goes with them. You can send these to me via a PM on the Forum or to [email protected] . Please specify if you want castings and if so for OO or P4.

We are hoping to have the bodies and kits available for sale at the CRA stand at the Glasgow Show, the CRA AGM and also at Scaleforum North. If you let me have your requirements in advance I will try to ensure Jim Pairman has sufficient stocks in hand for collection if preferred.

I will post details of prices on the Forum as soon as I am able

Tony Brenchley.