Dundee & Arbroath Carriage Marshalling

The day to day working of the Caledonian Railway Company, including its constituents and successors.
Niall Ferguson

Dundee & Arbroath Carriage Marshalling

Post by Niall Ferguson »

The LMS Passenger Train Marshalling Arrangements for North of Perth wef 11th July 1927 has one page devoted to Local Working of Carriages (Dundee & Arbroath Joint Line). I have a photocopy the Caledonian Main Line Carriage Marshalling instructions but does anyone have a copy from the Caledonian era that covers the Dundee & Arbroath, and if so, could they let me have a scan of that page?
Niall Ferguson
Jim Summers

Re: Dundee & Arbroath Carriage Marshalling

Post by Jim Summers »

I had hoped I might be able to find something, Niall, but I fear I found nothing in that line.

In the CRA we have been making an effort to build up the D&A material in the Archives via some auction purchases in the last year or two, but no diagrams among them.

Incidentally, we now have WTTs 1880, 1890, 1914, 1929, 1945, and Train Alterations in 1905.

All very frustrating. I hope someone can still come up with something.

JimS
Niall Ferguson

Re: Dundee & Arbroath Carriage Marshalling

Post by Niall Ferguson »

Yes the CRAS Reprint of the July 1921 Local Working of Carriages doesn't include anything over the D&A except those carriages working to Barnhill or Forfar over the Direct Line. Fortunately the LMS version of 1927 lists the D&A and the LNER rakes that also worked it.