Kirriemuir Branch Line

The day to day working of the Caledonian Railway Company, including its constituents and successors.
hugh gibb

Re: Kirriemuir Branch Line

Post by hugh gibb »

Having recently been in e.mail contact with Tony Brenchley I have now finally rejoined the CRA having let my membership lapse after a house move nearly 10 ears ago - I am happy to say that I am indeed still alive and well and still building a model of the Kirriemuir Branch Line - The current model is my fourth attempt over he last 40 years but is the second one in 7mm, the previous two were both in 4mm.

The branch line is a very attractive one to model and although the station area was quite cramped and compact, to model it requires a great deal of selective compression as the wide fans of sidings on the north and south sides of the station take up so much space, particularly in 7mm.

My current attempt will hopefully be the one I actually finish :lol:

Best wishes to all

Hugh
jasp

Post by jasp »

Glad that you have rejoined the CRA.
I look forward to hearing about your model.
Jim P
hugh gibb

Post by hugh gibb »

Hello Jim

I have just completed trackwork and basic wiring on the branch and next up is point rodding and ballasting. The design is the branch line and station area is located in a train shed next to a garage and I plan to extend the line into the garage where some reverse loop will be built to give out and back running.

Time is currently split between the layout and stock construction, but the emphasis has shifted towards layout construction over the past year.

Hugh