new book - More on Caledonian Wagons

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
peterbunce

new book - More on Caledonian Wagons

Post by peterbunce »

I have just received my copy of the above new book, which came from Lightmoor Press, and it is superb - good clear printing, the book has soft covers, and it is evident.that Mike has done a lot of research for it.

Thank you Mike for the extra' details on the CCT's that is most helpful.

Congratulations to both Mike, and Lightmoor Press, who posted it to me, the book is wrapped and then inserted in a corrugated wrapper. Take care opening it but it is well packed,and mine has a large 'FRAGILE' (printed in Red) sticker on it.

For understandable reasons the front and back covers are a thin cardboard, I will stiffen them with some triangular pieces of card at the corners and then some sticky clear film over those - to stop them getting creased.

Peter Bunce
dunalastairv

Re: new book - More on Caledonian Wagons

Post by dunalastairv »

Mine came yesterday too, carefully packed, and it's a superb supplement. If you're reading this Mike W., thanks for the lovely reproduction of the Brake Van Stove.

Mike D.
Dave John

Post by Dave John »

Well, I now have a few more ideas for that space on the transfer sheet.

Many thanks Mike, another excellent resource.
MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Glad you liked the stove pic. Michael. It seemed a very fitting last illustration to me and Nigel Nicholson (now a CRA member), who did a great design job.

Best

Mike
JimG

Post by JimG »

Just received my copy today and on a quick skim through it looks to be an excellent addition to the previous book. I particularly like the drawings and information about tank wagons since I have a hankering to build one or two. Good job, Mike.

JimG.
Steve Parsons

Post by Steve Parsons »

Ordered mine at the start of the week but I guess the weather might hold it up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it migjt be here by the weekend
jimwatt2mm

Post by jimwatt2mm »

I was intending to get my copy at Model Rail, but circumstances having conspired to prevent me getting there I hope I can pick one up at the AGM. (Provided the same circumstances don't conspire again!)

Jim W