Carriage Diagrams

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
Jim Summers

Carriage Diagrams

Post by Jim Summers »

Talking to the chap recording new acquisitions to the Archives of the SRPS today, I discovered he was in the very act of "acquisitioning" a beautiful hand-drawn diagram book "Index of CR Saloon Carriages".

In fact, this is confined to Officers Saloon, Family and Invalid Carriages, but it certainly looks original, is properly bound, with the diagrams inked on squared paper and containing more detailed information than I have seen before. I couldn't see a date.

This or similar documents may be known to our carriage experts already (I am certainly not one), but I thought it worth letting the Forum know of the wherebouts of this gem. It is SRPS No. 2012.0107.

Jim
Niall Ferguson

Re: Carriage Diagrams

Post by Niall Ferguson »

Jim
New to me. How does one acquire a copy?
Niall
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

Niall,

I think the only way, now that it has been accessioned, is to open negotiations regarding making a copy with Julia, the Museums and Archives manager at the SRPS.

Indeed maybe if the Association were to approach her, we could make a copy for our own archives.

I know her well enough to sound her out.

Jim
jim mac

Post by jim mac »

Jim S
Hope you can arrange a copy with Julia, it is a must for the CRA Archive and the upcoming publication on carriages.

jim mac