C R Pullman

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
dumb buffer

C R Pullman

Post by dumb buffer »

I came upon this advert in the back pages of the "Toddler", but when I tried the website I got a warning "THIS SITE IS DANGEROUS. DO NOT ENTER".

Does anybody know anything about it?

Allan F
IMG_20200216_0001.jpg
IMG_20200216_0001.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
Sinclair

Re: C R Pullman

Post by Sinclair »

Allan,

The site links to a Shapeways shop where he sells 3-d prints. No personal experience with either Shapeways or this seller.

This Pullman seems to be available in a range of scales including 4mm - see https://www.shapeways.com/product/F5LM ... ion-coach?

£78 to order a printed body only.

Sinclair
MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Hello Allan

It's on the Shapeways site

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/recreat ... 6+versions

and costs £78.32.

Best

Mike
jasp

Post by jasp »

I have been aware of this but did not do anything about it because of the cost.
Jim P
Argos

Post by Argos »

I do have one of his railcars in 2mm scale for an irish model I am building.
It is a fair representation, correct in all dimensions as far as I can see it but suffers from the usual Shapeways malaise of noticeable layering in the print and oversized window bars to enable the print.
It has taken a lot of work to get it smooth which in turn has removed most of the detail.
I was aware of this when I bought it so not a complaint.
I've seen much better prints come of more modern amateur resin printers (at cheaper cost too).

I am tempted by the model but cost and the fact I will lose most of the detail I am paying for puts me off.
Still If I want the C&O observation coach in 2mm scale it's that or scratch build.
dumb buffer

Post by dumb buffer »

I'm with Jim P on this. It would be an unusual model to have on the layout, but I can't just couple behind a Jumbo, as I can do with the directors' saloon. I've never dealt with a 3D printed model so I was curious.

Allan F