A pleasant scene

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
Jim Summers

A pleasant scene

Post by Jim Summers »

As many of you will know, as best we can in the pandemic situation, some of us are dealing with Jim MacIntosh's collection to make it available in the archives in due course.

This picture appeared without any hints as to its origin. I thought it was such a pleasant old scene that it was worth putting up here for folk to enjoy.

It appears to show 2-4-0 CR249 in, it has been suggested, the early to mid-1860s. The location is unknown. Any information would be useful, for when the picture enters our archives. Even if we don't know much about it, the image is surely something to enjoy.

JimS
Early scene with CR249  mid-1860s - reduced - JimMac Coll. .jpg
Early scene with CR249 mid-1860s - reduced - JimMac Coll. .jpg (120.03 KiB) Viewed 262 times
dunalastairv

Re: A pleasant scene

Post by dunalastairv »

I have a copy of that picture too. Mine has 'Biggar ?' written on the back, but I'm not sure if that helps!
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Lovely photo Jim. Keep them coming.

Tony B
jimwatt2mm

Post by jimwatt2mm »

Background topography looks a bit flat to be around Biggar. If that was looking south across the entrance to the goods yard (judging by the track in the foreground) you would have the Hartree and Coulter hills in the background. Perhaps the early photographic emulsion just hasn't recorded the hills.

Jim W