Photographs in BR days can show an additional transverse plate between the curved-top backing plate and the tank fillers.
Was this a BR/LMS addition and how widespread was this fitment?
A photo of Pickersgill 4-4-0 54499 on page 87 of "British Steam North of the Border" taken at Ballinluig in 1957 shows this feature which is apparently not covered in the Caley Coaches 812 tender kits
Regards and thanks in anticipation
Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
1 post • Page 1 of 1