WAGON BOOK

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
MIKEWILLIAMS

WAGON BOOK

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Just to let you all know that I have delivered the material for the wagon book "true to time." If all goes well, launch will be next Feb at Glasgow. You may now send me the solution to the "mystery mark" conundrum.
David Elvy

Re: WAGON BOOK

Post by David Elvy »

Well done on a task I could never have thought to take on.

Any chance of some one preparing a similar book on Caley coaches?

Can I reserve a copy now?

David
Dave Lochrie

Post by Dave Lochrie »

Well done Mike, time for some modelling and another Title ticked-off the list.
David, work is underway on the Carriages title (Niall Ferguson started this over 20 years ago) and Keith Fenwick has now taken the lead (or had it volunteered on him following his superb job on GNSR Carriages)
This is a much more complex task (far more GNSR material survived) ,and I certainly wish Keith well with his researches. Jim Mac will no doubt be able to update progress at the next AGM, but resources alone presumably dictate that works of this kind are staggered.

David L
Dave John

Post by Dave John »

I am looking forward to buying a copy when it comes out.

It would indeed be murphys law if the meaning of the mysterious mark surfaced post publication.
MIKEWILLIAMS

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

The book is now at the printers, and as you will have seen if you get The True Line, it will be launched in Glasgow at Model Rail Scotland towards the end of Feb. I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday am, so if anyone wants to give me that piece of information that totally destroys one of my arguments, this is your chance. You will of course be able to buy the book at the Association stand, saving you pounds in postage. Look forward to seeing you!

Best

Mike Williams
dumb buffer

Post by dumb buffer »

Well, I got my copy a week ago, and I've read it from cover to cover. Is this a record? :lol:

Seriously, it's a magnificent piece of research and recording, which will undoubtedly be the standard work for many years to come; no serious modeller or researcher of the Caledonian will be without it.

One of it's excellent features is the very extensive list of source references which make it much easier for the reader to follow up in more detail, if desired, any of the information in the book.

Mike is to be congratulated on a most excellent piece of work. I hope he can find time now for those modelling projects for which he hasn't had time of late. The Caledonian Association is also to be congratulated on it's sponsorship of the work, without which it is unlikely to have seen the light of day.

Allan F
caleyJim

Post by caleyJim »

I very much enjoyed the wagon book and look forward to its companion carriage one.

Mike - if you would please email me off forum I might have items of use for the latter.

Jim [email protected]