Station query

Any aspect related to the structures and equipment on the Caledonian Railway Company.
Dgp1957

Station query

Post by Dgp1957 »

Hi, I am building a type of minories layout in 00.
I have managed to get hold of the Bachmann cr signal box.
I have assembled the metcalf mainline station building for the layout, does anyone have any hints on how I can make the station building more like a CR station? Repainting colours maybe?
Jim Summers

Re: Station query

Post by Jim Summers »

I think you will find this site useful. It incorporates information supplied by this Association.

JimS
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

It would have been even more useful if I had remembered to add the link.

Here it is, runnning late.

http://www.stationcolours.info/index.php?p=1_6_SCOTLAND

JimS
Dgp1957

Post by Dgp1957 »

Excellent thanks
Dave Lochrie

Post by Dave Lochrie »

Hi David,
I too love the Minories design, if I could only have one model railway, I could settle for this, but I love wagons too much -but I'll come back to that later.
We are always advised to go back to the prototype when designing a layout, but in some ways an off-the-pegg solution makes for a better layout operationally.
We both model the Caledonian and whilst content to compromise on a model of a prototype location we would want the layout to subtly declare itself as Caley, without any stock being present, which is really what you are asking.

Because I think this could be a useful source of information for anyone seeking to model the Caledonian, I'm going to un-ashamedly hi-jack your post in 2 ways.
Part 1 is how do I make the Minories design more Caledonian, without deviating too far from the basic design -"MacMinories".
Part 2 is more about how do I dress that layout to Caledonianise it. You've asked that question on a separate post under Modelling Resources http://www.crassoc.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=1122, and I 'm going to move my reply on there because it is essentially a modelling topic.

DaveL
Dgp1957

Post by Dgp1957 »

Cheers Dave.