Dubton South Signal Box.

Any aspect related to the structures and equipment on the Caledonian Railway Company.
dunalastairv

Dubton South Signal Box.

Post by dunalastairv » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Quick question: does anyone have a photograph of this building? I've been lucky enough to buy the Caley enamel nameplate off it - in terrible condition sadly - and a picture would be most helpful. I gather it was a ground-level box, and contained a 24-lever 'dwarf-frame'. My thanks in advance, Michael.

Loch Awe

Re: Dubton South Signal Box.

Post by Loch Awe » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi Michael,

I have same. Drop me a PE with your email and I'l send on.

kind regards,

Robert

dunalastairv

Post by dunalastairv » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Thank you very much, Robert. I find the P.M. system erratic at best and most people know my e-mail anyway: it's [email protected] so I should be delighted to see the picture. Best wishes, Michael.

dunalastairv

Post by dunalastairv » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Robert Dey very kindly sent me pictures of both North and South boxes, the latter clearly showing my nameplate, and I can now understand why it has ended up so battered. Unfortuntely we can't publish these photographs on the Forum, as the copyright doesn't belong to Robert, but they have demonstrated a serious error in the Signalling Record Society, Scottish Signal Box Register. This states that Dubton South was only 3 feet high and had a C.R. 'dwarf-frame', the implication being that it was a ground level cabin. Neither of these statements is correct: the photographs prove Dubton South was a standard, full-sized signal box, and an interior view shows the frame to be a normal Stevens type, not a dwarf frame. The S.R.S. have been informed so that the records can be corrected.