Moving the trains through Perth

Any aspect related to the structures and equipment on the Caledonian Railway Company.
Jim Summers

Moving the trains through Perth

Post by Jim Summers »

With the diet of seasonal fare imminent on television, it is pleasing to be able to advise you that the video of the train working through Perth has just been uploaded for your delight. It was made with the assistance of FARSAP, which has been recording for posterity the actual working of signalboxes which are disappearing very quickly. Perth is now the last of its kind, as is Hilton Junction.

You may recall that this video was initially produced with CRA assistance for the exhibition in Perth Museum this summer. That means of course that it had to be made with a lay audience in mind as well as those who knew a thing or two, but don't let that put you off.

You should find it here, under the auspices of the Signalling Record Society:

https://www.s-r-s.org.uk/videoPages/Perth2.php

or if that doesn't work, via

https://www.s-r-s.org.uk/home.php

The site contains detailed visits and explanations of a wide variety of boxes and is well worth visiting at any time, not just to avoid seasonal television. I commend the one on Carmuirs East.

Enjoy,

JimS
jasp

Re: Moving the trains through Perth

Post by jasp »

Jim
Many thanks for the links - very interesting.
I am sure that you know I am a unionist, but was disappointed that, as in so many videos of Scottish railways etc, the narrator had an English accent.
Great, nevertheless.
Jim P
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

As a matter of interest, Jim, the narrator is a well-established resident in the West Highlands.
He has narrated all the other ones and is the technical guru behind it all, video and sound.
I declined to do the voice-over and asked him to do this one because of his clearer delivery and experience.
JimS
jasp

Post by jasp »

Apologies
Both feet in it, as usual!
Jim P
John Duffy

Post by John Duffy »

I've certainly never been accused of being a Unionist (I assumed they were all NB people from Edinburgh anyway) and must say I found the video very interesting and informative. Well done to all involved.

Now that the pilot episode has been seen, the question is, will this become a series?

John
Loch Awe

Post by Loch Awe »

Its an excellent production and the other FARSAP films on Scottish signal boxes are well worth watching.

best wishes to all for Festive Season.

Robert
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Very interesting and informative. I liked the photos of the goods shed and aerial view. There are good examples of wagon, i.e. lorry, loads. Thanks Jim for your contribution and letting us have access to it.
Tony B