Class 670 kit

To assist modellers plan and build a Caledonian Railway layout with the appropriate stock. A list/catalogue of supplies and components is available to members in the Association Resources section of the Forum below.
tony brenchley

Re: Class 670 kit

Post by tony brenchley »

Can I add my congratulations John. That is a wonderful model. Do you have time to build another for me?

Two questions. What blue paint did you use and did you line it yourself.

Tony B
caleyJim

Post by caleyJim »

Might I had my congrats? A fine job.

In relation to an earlier post I am happy to supply etches for use in folks' projects. In this case it is not as simple as body and chassis I'm afraid. There is a nickle-silver etch and a brass etch, the former being mostly but not exclusively concerned with the chassis. Might be easiest if anyone interested downloads the instruction sheets from https://caley.com/class670.php where all is made clear.

Jim CC
Coronach

Post by Coronach »

A truly beautiful job. The livery is so well done.
John Lindsay

Post by John Lindsay »

Thanks again for the kind comments.

In answer to Tony's questions, the paint is a 50/50 blend of the Railmatch and Precision Caley light blues. I found the Precision one too dull and the Railmatch a bit too lurid. The latter seems a good representation of the paint used on number 419 after its recent overhaul, but it seems too bright in 4mm scale.

The lining is mostly Fox Transfers LNER lining - it is slightly finer than the Modelmaster version.

Cheers

John
Dave John

Post by Dave John »

Indeed , excellent painting and lining there John.

These 670s are like busses, none for ages and then lots turn up. So here is another ;

670 cra.JPG
670 cra.JPG (96.36 KiB) Viewed 684 times
And some video of it in action .

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... ment-69396
caleyJim

Post by caleyJim »

Another really nice model. Thanks for sharing the video showing it in action. Still some kits in stock... :D
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

Not only great to see the loco at work, Dave, but it was a delight to see all the work on your layout. Thanks,
JimS
John Lindsay

Post by John Lindsay »

Really impressive job Dave. Lovely to see it in the dark blue and great running round your impressive set up.

Cheers

John