Decent Models 45' Underframe

To assist modellers plan and build a Caledonian Railway layout with the appropriate stock. A list/catalogue of supplies and components is available to members in the Association Resources section of the Forum below.
tony brenchley

Decent Models 45' Underframe

Post by tony brenchley »

I am sure the availability of body and underframe etches from John Boyle's Decent Models 45' carriage range has been through the CRA Forum mill before. Does anybody have any spare Lambie 45 foot underframe etches?

Dave Lochrie found a Worsley Works 45' composite kit for me for which the body etch is very nice but the underframe is rubbish, not to put any gloss on it, and I would like to substitute a JB underframe if I can get one.

If you have one or even two to spare I would be very pleased to hear from you at [email protected].

Tony B
jimwatt2mm

Re: Decent Models 45' Underframe

Post by jimwatt2mm »

Hi Tony,

I have a few spare, but unfortunately they are the wrong scale! I'm currently building a 45ft First at the moment.https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... ohn-boyle/

Jim
lindsay_g

Post by lindsay_g »

I had an order for 45’ coaches from John B completed 2 or 3 years ago which was supply of the 4 chassis. I seem to remember it was a fresh batch of etches that we’re commissioned. Perhaps there was more in that batch that may have gone to Alba Models. Or perhaps more can be commissioned by Alba as all 4mm artwork et al went there. Worth an enquiry.

Lindsay
dumb buffer

Post by dumb buffer »

Tony

Some years ago you kindly sent me several 45' underframe etches which you were hoping to get back from John. I still have a couple left which I'd be happy to donate to a good cause. It'll be a day or two before I can get to a post office, but I'll let you know when it's underway.

Allan F
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

That's great Allan. Let me know how much I owe you. Tony
David Elvy

Post by David Elvy »

Folks drop me a line if their is anything from the ex-John Boyle range of etches.

David