Alba Models 4mm Etches

To assist modellers plan and build a Caledonian Railway layout with the appropriate stock. A list/catalogue of supplies and components is available to members in the Association Resources section of the Forum below.
tony brenchley

Alba Models 4mm Etches

Post by tony brenchley »

I have been talking to David Elvy of Alba Models about reintroducing the ex-Decent Models carriage kits in 4mm scale.

As a first step he has recently received a large order of 4mm etches. He has no castings for these at present but is willing to sell the etches.

He has:

4 wheel Drummond - Underframes, 1st class and Brake 3rd
6 wheel Drummond - Underframes, 1st class, 3rd class, Brake 3rd and Brake composite
45' Bogie Stock - Underframes only

I will be sending him some spare 45' 1st class and full brake body etches that I have. He can arrange a batch of 45' stock body etches if there is sufficient interest.

Most of the castings needed for the above are available from 51L but no bogie, buffer beam or body end castings needed for the 45' stock. 51L do not list the CR 4-bolt carriage buffers so we will need to sort out a supply of these.

David says he is up dating the Alba Models website and has resolved the problems with his email. We arranged that I would post this note to give members this information in advance.

If you are interested in any of the above please contact David at [email protected]

Tony B
Orbiston

Re: Alba Models 4mm Etches

Post by Orbiston »

"has resolved the problems with his email"
I fear not
Orbiston

Re: Alba Models 4mm Etches

Post by Orbiston »

I can't find the post but was someone looking for a Decent Models instruction booklet?