Dunalastair 111 bash??

To assist modellers plan and build a Caledonian Railway layout with the appropriate stock. A list/catalogue of supplies and components is available to members in the Association Resources section of the Forum below.
Jorj

Dunalastair 111 bash??

Post by Jorj »

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has drawings for Dun 3 (or 2) and SR Drummond T9 Greyhound which Hornby produce to compare and how possible it is to get one from the other. To my mind some shortening of the smokebox, perhaps a new wrapper and then new CR chimney and safety valves etc plus possible cab side overlays, then outside springs and axle boxes etc for the 8 wheel tender but some surgery to remove the upright extensions there. It would have to be the narrow splasher version of the T9, not the one sold with the 6 wheel tender.
Or is there a better starting point?
Thoughts? George
jasp

Re: Dunalastair 111 bash??

Post by jasp »

Why not start with a Caley Coaches Dunalastair kit?
Jim P
caleyJim

Post by caleyJim »

Thanks for the plug Jim.

Jim, Caley Coaches
wsaxt04

Post by wsaxt04 »

Dunalastair III class 4-4-0: a 7mm scale drawing for this locomotive, from the draughtmanship of W.D.Stewart, was published by the Association way back in Nov.1984. It was among the first three 7mm scale loco drawings we published, along with a McIntosh 812 class 0-6-0 + tender loco and the McIntosh 439 class Standard Passenger Tank. There should also be a drawing for the Dunalastair II class 4-4-0 available.

All above drawings were initially printed on foolscap card, but, as I understand the matter, are now available on a CD.

Drummond L&SWR T9 4-4-0 + tender: there is the ‘South Western Circle’ – the club for the L&SWR. You could check their website and see what is available to purchase.

Regards
Arnold T.
jasp

Post by jasp »

Drawings are now ONLY available on CD from the CRA “shop”
Jim P
Jorj

Post by Jorj »

I was just looking for a possible faster way to get a loco running. I have a number of Caley Coaches Kits (a beetlecrusher and guards vans and a couple of NPCS) to build but they will take a fair bit of time.
The T9 may provide a starting point for me having found some basic dimensions.
https://janfordsworld.blogspot.com/2017 ... rical.html
Now just need to find the CRA CD with the drawings on. Seem to remember it kept crashing my computer when trying to print them out.
The dimensioned drawing on page 64 of OS Nock's book the Caledonian Dunalastairs shows that things are really quite close and similar.
George
Steve Parsons

Post by Steve Parsons »

Have sent you a PM
Steve
Jorj

Post by Jorj »

Steve Parsons wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:36 am Have sent you a PM
Steve
Thanks Steve, seem unable to reply by PM must try to get the hang of things.
George