Has Alba models ceased trading?

To assist modellers plan and build a Caledonian Railway layout with the appropriate stock. A list/catalogue of supplies and components is available to members in the Association Resources section of the Forum below.
peterbunce

Has Alba models ceased trading?

Post by peterbunce »

Hi,

I have sent a PM and a couple of e-mails to Alba, asking for a price for the 4mm scale version of the Family saloon to Dia 50.

They have had for some time the 4mm versions of John Boyle's 7mm scale coach kits.

There has been no reply to any: have the ceased trading? The website is still available and mentions the 4mm range

Yours Peter
LarryC

Re: Has Alba models ceased trading?

Post by LarryC »

Peter

Alba Models is alive and well.

I had a similar problem last month. The problem is the server that David uses, which seems to store up e-mails for a month or so and then release them in a flood. David was most apologetic.

If you have no joy soon, send me a PM and I will give you his mobile number.

Larry
peterbunce

Re: Has Alba models ceased trading?

Post by peterbunce »

HI.

I have spoken to David, and he has had a lot of trouble with what was his e-mail address. That has now been closed, and he has a new one

The original request cannot be completed at the moment, but will be soon; he is ordering some 4mm D50 (CR Family saloon, as number 17, in the coach book on page 288), kits.

Peter.
David Elvy

Alba models hasn't ceased trading

Post by David Elvy »

Sorry to those looking for kits and bits, we decided to take a short break from things.

I'll be getting back to the workshop this week and hopefully have things under control by early next week.

Just a note for those of a sensitive dispersion; don’t try looking for Caledonian Railway kits on the web using "Alba models" as your search.

Regards David