Gun carriage sets

How to do it, advice sought and offered.
BillAuld

Gun carriage sets

Post by BillAuld »

Working on 4mm models of the gun carriage sets seen in TL84 pages 9-14.
Does anybody have any more details on the main girder or muzzle bolsters. At the moment I'm making up what I think these would have been like to try to get the required movement to enable the vehicles to negotiate curves.
Any assistance gratefully received.
I've got pics of the work so far but can't get them onto this post. Advice appreciated here.
Bill Auld
Alan K

Re: Gun carriage sets

Post by Alan K »

Hi Bill
Can't help with any details but maybe can assist with posting pictures. Sorry if it's a bit wordy, but you haven't given any info on how it hasn't worked.
Once you've opened your post and reached the place where you want to insert a picture, click on upload attachment below your message. You then get a box with Browseand Add the file.
Click on 'Browse' and you will get a page called 'file upload' which has a top line showing where pictures are on your computer. By clicking on that line, you can get to select the folder in your PC which holds the picture you want. Hopefully you will get thumbnails of all the pics in that folder. You then click on the one you want, and the file name of the picture will show at the bottom of the page. Then click on the word 'open'. You should now see your picture file name appear beside 'Browse' below your post. Now click on 'Add the file'. Another box now opens which shows your file name and 'Place in line' under it. Put the cursor on the line where you want the picture to appear and then click on 'Place in line'. You should now get your picture file name with the word 'attachment' before and after it. That's all you get to see on your post. To see the actual picture appearing in your post, you need to click on 'Preview'. To add further pictures, you just repeat the above by clicking upload attachment, then browse to find new picture. Make sure you've got all the pics in the places you want them to appear (check by clicking 'preview') before you click on 'Submit'. Note that if you save your post as a draft, you won't get your pictures kept - only your text.
It sounds awfully complicated, but once you've done it once, it's easy to get the hang of it.

Alan
jim mac

Post by jim mac »

Can I add that pictures need to be of a certain size. Photos taken by digital camera and or mobile phone need to be downsized, the forum may not load pictures which are too big.
The ideal size is 800 pixels wide and 72dpi resolution and most computers, cameras and mobiles will have software to do this resizing.

jim mac
BillAuld

Post by BillAuld »

I've now retaken the picture at a lower resolution, I think. If the picture isn't clear enough I can up the quality.
Now attached.
When it comes to painting, I assume that they would have been in the standard red oxide, black underframe, white lettering.
Any info welcome.
Cheers
Attachments
20180920_174732[1].jpg
20180920_174732[1].jpg (153.89 KiB) Viewed 4106 times