TLM Open Wagon

Our range of 4mm scale wagon bodies and kits
tony brenchley

TLM Open Wagon

Post by tony brenchley »

This is to confirm that I now have stocks of bodies and underframe components for our new open wagon kit. This so new that nobody has completed one yet so a photo of the sample body moulding is the best I can offer at present. They are all as good as this.
Sample p-D open.jpg
Sample p-D open.jpg (60.98 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

The wagon is based on St Rollox drawing 3504 shown on page 142 of Mike Williams’s Wagon Book. Mike made the pattern for which we are very grateful and he opted for the shorter wheelbase version to St Rollox drawing 1522. A photo of one of these wagons is shown on page 144. These wagons were built before the introduction of the Wagon Diagram Book and therefore have no diagram number. They were the last open wagon design built in quantity before the introduction of the standard open wagons to diagram 24 with side doors and diagram 15 with falling sides. They crop up regularly in photographs.

The photo shows these were fitted with conventional underframes although the Caledonian was still building other wagons at the time with w-irons outside the solebar. The original furniture probably included the earlier style of wagon buffers. We have supplied the standard buffers and axle box and springs with the kit as many of these wagons would have been retro fitted with these from 1895 onwards. If you want to portray the wagons with the original buffers these are available from Model Railway Developments.

The kit is based on a resin one-piece moulded body This is completed with following underframe components: cast white metal standard CR axle boxes and springs, buffers, single brake shoe, scale couplings and etched brass brake lever and ratchet. All you need to add are your choice of etched brass w-irons, bearing and wheels.

The price is £12.50 with components. CRA members are entitled to a 10% discount making the price to them £11.25. Postage and packing are £4.15 for second class signed for post for any reasonable quantity, and this may include cattle and RY Pickering traders wagon kits described in their own sections on the Forum.

Orders by email please to me at [email protected]. Payment can be made by one of the methods described on the attached. Paypal is our preferred method as it is easier and quicker for me, you and our Treasurer so please use this if you can.

Payments for True Line Models.docx
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Please contact me at the email address above if you need further information before ordering. Don’t forget those cattle and RY Pickering Scottish traders wagon kits to keep you busy during your enforced retreat. The price is £15 each with underframe components or with CRA member discount £13.50.

Tony B
MIKEWILLIAMS

Re: TLM Open Wagon

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Tony, it's the longer wheelbase version to drawing 1659, photo on p.145. The standard single lever brake etching won't be long enough. If anyone wants t ouse the original style buffer they cost £7.50 for four at https://emardee.org.uk/product/wagon-buffers-2/

Best

Mike
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Sorry for the confusion Mike. I hope the information is now clear for everyone.

Tony B
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Mike

I have checked the 51L website and the brake levers I am sending out with the kits are their longest length - type H.

I haven't had chance to investigate and use the components myself but if anybody finds a solution to this before I do please let us all know.

Tony B
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Brake Levers

I have now had a chance to match the brake levers type H that I am supplying with the kits to a wagon body. These appear to be long enough and extend beyond the head stock which suggests there is enough length to bend a handle into the end of the lever.

Tony B
Dave John

Post by Dave John »

They build up rather well. many thanks to Tony and Mike.
pdo 2 copy.jpg
pdo 2 copy.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
Some more photos on here ;

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... en-wagons/
tony brenchley

Post by tony brenchley »

Thanks Dave
Great pictures and good publicity for the new kit. I think you have successfully maintained your enviable status of being the first person to finish any new TLM kits.

Can I use these pictures in any further advertising for the kits?

Tony B
Dave John

Post by Dave John »

More than happy for you to use them Tony.

I'll e-mail you the higher res versions.
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

Nice work, Dave. I love the sheet ties.

JimS
Steve Parsons

Post by Steve Parsons »

Hello Tony I hope you find your self well.

Are there any of these open wagons left if so can you put me a couple to one side please.

Thanks Steve
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Hi Tony
Many thanks for sending my order, and for every ones efforts in preparing the models.
If it's not to late, can I state my interest in 2, D3 Vans, if they become available.
Thanks again
Peter